Sunday, April 29, 2018

New Vet... again

Well.... everything with Pippin is going good.  For the first time ever I recently completely forgot to give Pippin his shot.  I've never forgotten.  Sometimes, I've been late.  But this time I remembered in the middle of the night at like 12:30 am and just let it go because my husband gives him his shot at 4:00 am.  So I just thought it was best to keep the next shot at 4 am and get back on track from there.  I felt terrible. After that I set a reminder on my phone at 5:30 PM just incase I forget again.

I recently sent Pippin's glucose numbers to my vet office (not that anyone there is really checking up on him, or paying attention).  After sending the numbers over I did get an email back from the veterinarian I use stating that she was leaving and going back into emergency care.  I'm so disappointed in this. I know that the people at the office are like whatever because it's one of those offices where they have like 5 or 6 vets.  I hate that.  I kept staying with the dame Dr whenever I go in for an appointment and when emailing in.  I did ask her for a recommendation in the office of someone who could be my go to but she never answered me back.  I hate to change vets and go to an office with one Dr because I'd have to pay $100 some bucks for that first initial visit and explain and go over everything about Pippin all over again. So I'll just stick with this vet and deal with it.  I'm really surprised though that I lost another vet.  If the Dr was going to a different practice I would follow her there but since she's going into emergency I can't.  I do miss my old vet office.  They would check in with how Pippin was doing at least once a month and review his glucose numbers with me... the new vet office (though I've been there like 2 years now) just doesn't take as much interest.

Pippin is 15 now.  He sleeps soooo much.  I can tell that he is starting to feel his age.  We recently moved into a new house and it's taken him a little while to adjust.  He used to love to sit outside at the old house and this house it's taking a little longer.  He has finally started sitting out on the patio just for a little while. He never sits in the windows... he just likes to mostly be in his bed or sitting on a chair with me. It's hard to see my boy age.  His diabetes is doing really well though and that's what's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment