Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Finding and losing a good vet

All these years ever since my cats have been diagnosed with diabetes and everything else that is wrong with them... I found an amazing vet clinic.  It's cats only which is even better.  Yes there are some things that annoy me, like the fact that the techs and the veterinarian won't touch my cat Merry when I bring him in because he gets all vocal and loud and kind of aggressive so so they always think he is going to attack them. I have to handle him when I go in.  They don't even touch him usually.   But otherwise my vet has gone above an beyond for my cats.  Giving me donated meds, even doing some appointments for free to just check the cats out.  When I first started going to the clinic the veterinarian was fresh out of school.  She was joining the family business to take over for her uncle so that he could retire.  I would say she's been there now for like 3 years maybe a little longer.  Today I found out she was fired. So sad. I only know this because I became friends with one of the vet techs there who actually comes to my house and takes care of the cats when I go out of town.  Apparently the uncle had been unhappy with her for a while and was unable to retire.  The vet wasn't handling the business side very well or something. It is a sad day for me.  I am sure the vet will go back to the state she is from... though I wish she would go to another clinic so I could follow her there. I don't even know how I would find out though what clinic she ends up at. I wish I could let her know somehow how much I appreciate what she has done for my cats. Gone out of her way to research what's wrong with Merry.  Looked for alternative meds to help him out.  It's just sad that behind the scenes can make a vet just go away.  The uncle veterinarian I have only seen once when I first started going there and didn't really like him that one time.  I remember him berating me about the insulin I was giving and I was new to cats with diabetes.  So we'll see how the care goes from here.  It is sad though.. I mean my old vet even was going to come personally to my home to put my cats to sleep when it was time.  I am pretty sure the new vet would never do anything like that. Just a sad day all around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment